If you have an aging or damaged roof that needs to be replaced, you may be considering your roofing options. Should you stick with traditional asphalt shingles, one of the most common roofing materials? Or should you change your roof up?
At Wagner Metals, we fully believe that metal roofing has a whole host of benefits over more traditional asphalt shingles. Metal roofing is superior to more conventional roofing materials in a number of ways, including:
- Life Expectancy: If your metal roof is properly installed, it should last as long as your home does. Metal roofing is resistant to fire, mildew, insects, and rot, and many companies will provide a warranty that is between 20 and 50 years long. If you choose a painted metal roof, the paint finishes will generally have a 30 year limited warranty.
- Effectiveness: Metal roofing easily seals out water, survives high winds, and sheds snow. Because of the way it is designed to interlock, and because the surface of a metal roof is hard and slippery, the roofing is practically impervious to rain or snow – which means less potential damage to your home and less worrying about the weight of snow on your roof causing damage to your home’s overall structure.
- Speed and Ease of Roofing Installation: Most metal roofing comes in multiple-shingle sections or in 12-inch to 36-inch wide panels. If you are working with an experienced contractor, these can be installed quickly and easily. Consider this – if you are dealing with severe roof damage due to a storm or old age, taking a day or two off your roof installation could be crucial.
- Lightweight Material: Asphalt or tile roofing can be quite heavy; metal roofing, by comparison, is much more lightweight, and some types of metal roofing can even be applied over an existing roof without the need for roof removal or additional structural support. This can reduce both the length of time for your roof installation and the overall expense of the job.
- Heat Reflection: Because your metal roof reflects the sun’s radiant heat, it will minimize midday heat gain, saving you money and energy on your air conditioning bills. Though the metal roof itself has a low insulation value, many metal roofing systems will use dead-air space between the metal and roof deck to increase the energy efficiency of your roof and save you as much money as possible.
- Fire Resistance: It cannot be overstated that metal roofs are given the most resistant rating due to the fact that they are noncombustible. A metal roof that is not installed over combustible material has a Class A fire rating, which provides your home with more protection and your family with a safer space.
- Style: Metal roofing can come in a variety of different colors, and the modern style looks great with a variety of different homes. You can choose a color that complements your home’s overall style; we can even help you choose it.
While metal roofing may be slightly more expensive to install at the outset, we think you will agree that the wide variety of benefits that you get from choosing a metal roof for your residential, commercial, or agricultural building far outweigh the slight cost increase for installation. We stand behind our products and firmly believe that metal roofing will provide you with the most overall benefit for your money, as it is long-lasting, durable, easy to install, and comes with decades-long warranties that will allow you to ensure you get the most out of your investment.
If you are interested in learning more about metal roofing, get in touch with Wagner Metals today. Let’s talk about how we can install a great, long-lasting metal roof for you!